Official Delegation of the Republic of Ghana on a working visit to CCIR
Publicat pe 28/03/2018
Bucharest, March 27th, 2018: The President of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Romania (CCIR), Mr. Mihai Daraban, received the official delegation led by H.E. Mrs. Shirley Ayorkor Botchwey, Minister of Foreign Affairs and Regional Integration of the Republic of Ghana.
The meeting highlighted the areas of interest for Romanian companies as potential investors in the Republic of Ghana, as well as the areas where trade between the two states could be improved.
The President of CCIR, Mr. Mihai Daraban, outlined Romania’s position as an EU member state on the economic map, with 70% trade within the EU and the remaining 30% with non-EU states.
Of the areas that might be of interest to the Ghanaian side, Mr. Mihai Daraban remembered the energy sector, respectively the construction of power plants, and the agricultural sector.
On this occasion, the President of CCIR reiterated the importance of the opening of the Romanian territory to the Black Sea: “Constanța Port is the fourth largest in Europe in terms of surface, with direct access to the Central European countries through access to the Danube.”
H.E. Mrs. Minister Shirley Ayorkor Botchwey recalled the traditional friendship relations between the two countries and the commercial potential still untapped: “The Republic of Ghana is a gateway to all 15 countries in the West African region.”
H.E. Mrs. Virginia Hesse, Ambassador of the Republic of Ghana residing in Prague, argued that there is potential for the development of bilateral relations, and therefore expressed its conviction that trade between the two countries will continue to grow.
During the meeting, it was proposed to conclude a cooperation agreement between the Romanian Chamber of Commerce and Industry and the Ghana National Chamber of Commerce in order to exchange information and establish concrete joint projects for the benefit of businessmen.