Useful links on the preparation of Romanian companies in the context of the United Kingdom’s departure from the European Union:
(1) Relevant factsheets about the Customs guide for businesses: https://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/uk-withdrawal-ro. This web page is divided in specific sections, such as a Brexit checklist for traders, a factsheet about ”Seven things businesses in the EU 27 need to know to prepare for Brexit”; national contacts of authorities from customs and fiscal domains in the EU 27 and a page with preparedness notices on all topics.
(2) The official website of the European Commission dedicated to Brexit preparedness: https://ec.europa.eu/info/brexit/brexit-preparedness_ro.
(3) Special section dedicated to questions and answers, which is highly recommended for SMEs: https://ec.europa.eu/info/publications/communication-19-december-2018-preparing-withdrawal-united-kingdom-european-union-30-march-2019-implementing-commissions-contingency-action-plan_en,
(4) Commission representation offices in the EU 27: https://ec.europa.eu/info/about-european-commission/contact/local-offices-eu-member-countries_ro.
(5) After Brexit, if you will transit the ports of Rotterdam, Hoek van Holland or Ijmuiden (Netherlands), we recommend you to check the following website https://www.getreadyforbrexit.eu/en/, in order to find out information regarding the customs documents you must prepare and submit in advance using the port system of Portbase.
(6) To find out more about the steps you need to take if you choose to get in United Kingdom through France, please check the website of French Customs: www.douane.gouv.fr; http://www.douane.gouv.fr/articles/c957-entreprises-preparez-vous-au-brexit.
(7) Information regarding the measures you have to take in case of transiting the ports of Antwerp https://www.portofantwerp.com/en/are-you-ready-for-brexit or Zeebrugge https://portofzeebrugge.be/en/brexit